Saturday 12 November 2011

Visual Arts

My experience throughout visual arts was full on. I had so much in my head that I wanted to express as well as keeping things in line. My first 3 big paintings were a mixture of acrylic painted colourful landscapes with black and white ink creatures, giving narrative. This is what I originally wanted to do  and I was happy with the outcome. Then I started exploring and  making acrylic washed colourful backgrounds and adding images on with mono printing that in the end would make their own narrative. I always look for the story within artworks, its the thing I find most interesting and I created what I set out to create.

These three paintings are my favorite.


Mountain Dragon


this is the first painting i did in visual art, i love mixing acrilic colour together, in this painting besides black and white the main colours i used were; green, blue and purple.The wolf creature is done in pen. 

I love the background in this image as all the colours blend really well with each other and if you look at it long enough you can see a sunset above the wolf and the earth beneath it, also the trees, the wolf and the sun fit in perfectly. The black and white mono print give it the shadowed earth and the bright top of the trees when the sun is setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment