Sunday 13 November 2011

Graphic Design & Animation


This is my animation i made for my first graphic design studio.
Music By: Celebration and Nightwish - Deep silent complete

First we had to design a character, mine of course was a wolf. I first started making him by binding wire together so that it would be his bendy skeleton. Then I surrounded the wire with modeling clay ( the type of clay that doesn't crumble or go hard) and started crafting my wolf. Once he was crafted I added a black spiral on his left shoulder, gave him a necklace and a few little feathers coming out of his fur, the idea of this was to express how intelligent  and special the canine species are.

Second I started making the background of my animation. First I cut out trees and put cellophane in front and behind them, this was a successful background but I wanted something more realistic, so I found some mossy logs, leaves, and bark and created my own mystical forest. I also used two torch lights to give it a night like setting.



 I named my character Feather and continued to use him in my graphic novel. Drawing this graphic novel was very time consuming but I enjoyed every second of it. I used only a ballpoint pen for the drawings and then shaded them with pencil to give them depth. Then I put it through Indesign to add the text.








No comments:

Post a Comment